Preventing the formaldehyde crisis, starting with the use of air purifiers
In recent years, with the rapid growth of China’s economy, the acceleration of urbanization and the improvement of people’s living standards, more and more people are willing to increase investment in improving the living environment in order to live a better material and spiritual life.
Renovating new homes, improving old homes and adding new furniture seems to have become “home-cooked.” As everyone knows, these new furniture and new decoration imply a formaldehyde crisis, which will cause irreparable harm to human beings, especially children.
Do you know formaldehyde?
Formaldehyde is a colorless, irritating and water-soluble gas, and is the smallest molecular weight aldehyde. The No. 153 “Formaldehyde Carcinogenicity Announcement” issued by the World Health Organization on June 15, 2004, officially confirmed that formaldehyde is a carcinogen. In the same year, the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) raised formaldehyde to a Class 1 carcinogen. Formaldehyde has become an important cause of leukemia.
Formaldehyde has a slightly higher density than air and sinks in the air. The most concentrated space of formaldehyde is less than 1 meter. This height is the most important space for children to absorb air. According to epidemiological statistics in China, about 50% of leukemia patients are children, and they are growing year by year. Home decoration leads to indoor environmental pollution and is considered to be the main cause of the increase in children with leukemia.
In general, formaldehyde in the air mainly comes from three places: wood-based panels for decoration and their wood-based panels, including wood-based panel furniture, partitions, moldings, flooring, etc.;
Decorative paints and adhesives, including latex paints, wood paints, metal paints, and glass glues; soft decoration, including curtains, wallpapers, sofas, carpets, etc.
Children have a large amount of activity, often crawling around and crawling. The amount of breathing is much higher than that of adults, and indoor activities are longer than adults. However, children’s own immunity is not strong and they are more harmful to formaldehyde.
The harm of formaldehyde to children
1. Increase the incidence of asthma in children. According to statistics, formaldehyde release pollution is the main cause of the increase in asthma in children aged 3-5 years;
2. Inducing children with blood diseases. Because children’s immunity is weak, formaldehyde emitted from interior decoration materials can easily damage children’s vulnerable bodies;
3. Make children’s intelligence greatly reduced. Long-term exposure to formaldehyde affects children’s intellectual development;
4. Excessive formaldehyde can even cause malformations in infants. Children with neonatal chromosomal abnormalities and pregnant women are particularly sensitive to formaldehyde and are more harmful. The baby’s immunity is low, the harm of formaldehyde is more serious, and eventually, the baby is deformed.
Therefore, no matter the child’s physical or intellectual development, the harm of indoor formaldehyde pollution to children can not be ignored.
How to reduce the harm of formaldehyde
1. We can increase the indoor green plants to absorb harmful gases through green plants. For example, ivy, spider plant, green radish, and aloe vera are both inexpensive and easy to manage;
2. We can use the ventilation method. By taking the natural circulation of indoor air to take away and dilute the harmful gases in the room. For rooms with poor ventilation, you can use a fan to blow;
3. Activated carbon adsorption method, using activated carbon with adsorption function, bamboo charcoal to remove these harmful gases, while activated carbon can be used repeatedly by drying;
4. Furniture cleaning and drying methods. Formaldehyde is easily soluble in water, often wiped with a wet rag, the effect is very good.
However, the evaporation period of formaldehyde can be up to 15 years, and the above methods are not always applicable. Therefore, the use of air purifiers is a long-term solution.
Contact us for more products and discounted prices